December 7th Club Meeting Will be All About
the NanoVNA Analyzer
This very handy little device will perform a myriad of RF analysis on antennas, cables, and other such ham radio gear. Step Steps will be giving a Zoom presentation as an introduction and instruction on how to easily utilize it for improving performance and/or troubleshooting your gear.
For All SARA members and Saratoga CERT members, family and friends.
************************** Monthly Meeting *******************
NOTE: After chatting with many members, we have decided that we will NOT have an in-person meeting at the fire station in December due to lack of interest/attendance due to the ongoing Covid19 threat. The meeting will only be on Zoom.
Topic: K6SA’s Zoom Meeting
Time: Wednesday December 7th, 2022, at 7:30 PM. “How to use a NanoVNA.” Our speaker will be Steve Steps, vice president of our group.
We will also discuss nominations for next year’s governing board. Any club member is entitled to be an active participant as elected by our members. At this time, I believe that our current board members are willing to “continue on” for the upcoming year. Nevertheless, new volunteers would be welcome indeed. If interested, please contact one of us directly. Elections will be held on the first SARA meeting of the new year on January 4th, 2023.
We will also discuss preparation for upcoming drills, training, forms required, and getting proper county credit for such efforts. Obtaining Credentials will be emphasized. Discussion of interest in any other aspects of the club activities for next year will be encouraged.
Join our Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (San Jose) +13462487799,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kccgF6zVUZ
*************** Re-instatement of Annual Club Dues: ********************
With inflation compounded with equipment replacement costs, Zoom, GoDaddy, and governmental fees rising, we have found it necessary to collect annual dues once again. This will be twenty ($20) dollars for an individual or thirty ($30) for a family membership. This can be paid either by mailing a check written out to SARA, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070 or via PayPal link: https://PayPal.me/saratogaamateurradio . Your membership will keep you as active on our email distribution list. As of November 28th, we have had over thirty-nine (39) payments arrive. Thanks.
- Sundays – 2M Net at 9:00 pm on K6SA repeaters
- Tuesdays – SVECS 2M Net at 8:00 pm on AA6BT at 146.115 MHz + 100 Hz.
- Thursdays – Rag Chew/Question and Answer session at 9:00 pm on K6SA repeaters
Everyone should have the following frequencies programmed into their VHF/UHF radios. A complete list of all county frequencies and local jurisdictions can be found at the ARES-RACES website at this link.
|Channel Name||Resource Name||R/S||Frequency||Offset||PL|
|Tactical Alt 2||Simplex||146.595|
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM. As of June 8th, 2022, they may be In-Person (depending on member requests) as well as available via Zoom. However, with Covid19 still lingering amongst us we will default to Zoom.
- The In-Person location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting, we often have dinner at Jake’s; a Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 PM. Someone will be monitoring the K6SA repeaters while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.