An informal board meeting concerning a joint Sara/CERT picnic
Called to order by Jack at 19:36 local time.
Jack Griswold KM6ZWR
Michael Turner N6DXQ
Steve Steps (and Diana) AJ6HM
Peter Melhus AA6PM
Charles Rader (Cert)
Don Steinbach AE6PM
Jack presented his efforts to date:
- Secured Hutton House for 9/17, noon to 6pm
- Would need lots of volunteers
- Serving alcoholic beverages would require an insurance fee
Discussion commenced over:
- whether we should spend $600 to secure Hutton House
- whether to collect ticket fees
- possible alternate locations including Kevin Moran Park
- canvass CERT on Hutton House, or, say, Kevin Moran Park
- should we bring our own food/drink?
- Would there be more commitment if we charge for food?
- Will need attendees to bring chairs and tables
- Cancel Hutton reservation and get fee returned
- Avoid 9/17 due to conflict with county activity
- Reserve Kevin Moran Park, preferably the redwood area a A
- Poll the CERT roster
No vote was taken. Jack closed the meeting at 20:18 local time
Subsequent to the meeting:
- We will charge $1 and SARA will supply hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, chips, cold soft drinks, ice cream, and watermelon.
- Hutton reservation was canceled but the fee has yet to be returned
- Picnic date is now Saturday, 9/24, 10am to 3pm
- Kevin Moran Park has been reserved, preferably Redwoods Picnic Area A
Respectfully submitted, Michael Turner, Secretary