July 6th Monthly Meeting Canceled
Due to the impending July 4th holiday and a definite lack of interest in participation, we have opted to cancel the July 6th meeting. We may also cancel the August 3rd meeting depending on any feedback we receive. It appears as if folks will be traveling during summer. We will, however, continue to have our usual radio check-ins on Sunday evenings at 9PM and our Rag Chew on Thursday evenings at 9PM
Speaker: Yet to be determined
Date: Wednesday, July 6th, 2022, at 7:30 PM CANCELED
NOTE: the fire station meeting room is now standardly available for our SARA meetings. The meeting will also be on Zoom. However, per county restrictions, every in-person attendee MUST be fully vaccinated, boosted, and MUST wear a mask when indoors until further notice.
ACTIVITY held on Saturday June 11th:
The SARA 2-meter Tape Measure Yagi Antenna building exercise was held on Saturday June 11th at Kevin Moran Park; 12415 Scully Avenue in Saratoga beginning at 9AM, ending at 11AM. Steve and Morris brought ALL of the supplies necessary (tape measures, PVC piping, crosses and tees, coax cable, connectors, and the tools needed) to build your own antenna. Six of us Hams built several antennas. The highlight was when the ISS flew directly overhead and Steve (AJ6HM), using his new Yagi, made a QSO. Ha! We all saw how the Doppler effect shifted the 70cm frequencies. Rather impressive. The Foxhunt/antenna demo also went well. This was a lot of fun. Too bad many of you missed it.
Re-instatement of Annual Club Dues:
With inflation compounded with equipment replacement, Zoom, GoDaddy, and governmental fees rising, we have found it necessary to collect annual dues once again. This will be twenty ($20) dollars for an individual or thirty ($30) for a family membership. This can be paid either by mailing a check to SARA, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070 or via PayPal link: https://PayPal.me/saratogaamateurradio . Your membership will keep you as active on our email distribution list. Thanks.
Next Zoom Meeting details:
Topic: K6SA’s Zoom Meeting
Time: August 3rd, 2022, at 7:30 PM (may be subject to cancelation)
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (San Jose) +13462487799,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kccgF6zVUZ
- Sundays – 2M Net at 9:00 pm
- Tuesdays – SVECS 2M Net at 8:00 pm
- Thursdays – Rag Chew/Question and Answer session at 9PM
Everyone should have the following frequencies programmed into their VHF/UHF radios. A complete list of all county frequencies and local jurisdictions can be found at this link.
|Channel Name||Resource Name||R/S||Frequency||Offset||PL|
|Tactical Alt 2||Simplex||146.595|
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM. As of June 8th, 2022, they are In-Person as well as available via Zoom.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s; a Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 PM. Someone will be monitoring the K6SA repeaters while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.