Saratoga Quarterly Drill – This Saturday, 2021-08-21
This will run from 10:00 AM for about 60 to 90 minutes. Please see this page for further details: Drill Info
September 1, 2021, from 7:30-9:00 PM
TOPIC: Introduction To HF Communication
Are you an EmComm ham operator but you’re curious about HF comms? Then join us for this intro to HF comms!
Topics covered include:
What do we mean by HF? What’s special about it?
Licensing/operating requirements, typical HF station, equipment cost.
Antennas, propagation, challenges.
The fun aspects of HF radio and the serious side.
Presented by: Don Steinbach (AE6PM), Jim Weatherford (WU6K) and Brent Hailpern (N2CJN)(TBD).
Topic: Saratoga Amateur Radio Assn – Monthly meeting
Time: Sep 1, 2021 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (San Jose) +13462487799,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kccgF6zVUZ
Everyone should have the following frequencies programmed into their VHF/UHF radios. A complete list of all county frequencies and local jurisdictions can be found at this link.
|Channel Name||Resource Name||R/S||Frequency||Offset||PL|
|Tactical Alt 2||Simplex||146.595|
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s of Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 p.m. Someone will be monitoring the repeater while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.