Annual SARA/CERT Picnic
August 17 – noon – 4:00 PM
Warner Sutton House
Open House showing off: City EOC, CERT Trailer, CERT CYB, Repeater
September 11, 2019 at 7:30 PM at:
Joan Pisani Community Center Recreation Portable
19655 Allendale Ave, Saratoga
NOTE LOCATION CHANGE for this meeting.
As always, there will be a pre-meeting from 6:00 until 7:15 at:
Jakes of Saratoga
12175 Saratoga Sunnyvale Road
September Guest presentation
Ed Fong, WB6IQN
Topic: Dual Band J-pole Antennas
Biography: Ed Fong was first licensed in 1968 as WN6IQN. He later upgraded to Extra Class with his present call of WB6IQN. He obtained the BSEE and MSEE degrees from the Univ. of California at Berkeley and his Ph.D. from the Univ. of San Francisco. A Senior Member of the IEEE, he has 12 patents and over 40 published papers and books in the area of communications and integrated circuit design. Presently, he is employed by the University of California (previously at Berkeley and presently at Santa Cruz- Silicon Valley) as an instructor teaching graduate classes in RF design and High Speed interface design. During his 30 year career he has performed worked for Motorola, National Semiconductor, Phillips Semiconductor and Advanced Micro Devices.
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing state-of-the-art communications equipment for use by the members and the public;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s of Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 p.m. Someone will be monitoring the repeater while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.