Annual SARA/CERT Picnic
The first “annual” SARA/CERT picnic on August 17 was a big success. Held the the lovely Warner Hutton House next to city hall, 56 SARA hams and Saratoga CERTs along with families and friends gathered for socializing and tours of City Emergency Operations Center, CERT Trailer, CERT Corporate Yard Base, and the SARA ham repeater.
Pictures can be found on this page: 2019 Annual Picnic Photos
November 6, 2019 at 7:30 PM at:
Saratoga Fire Station, 14380 Saratoga Avenue (corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale & Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, Saratoga)
As always, there will be a pre-meeting from 6:00 until 7:15 at:
Jakes of Saratoga
12175 Saratoga Sunnyvale Road
November Guest presentation
Paul Wesling, KM6LH
The Origins of Silicon Valley: Roots in Ham
An exciting and colorful history of technology innovation that began with Hams in Palo Alto and spread across the Valley, while introducing you to some colorful local characters – Cyril Elwell, Lee DeForest, Bill Eitel, Charles Litton, Fred Terman, David Packard, Bill Hewlett and others. More info on Paul’s presentation.
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s of Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 p.m. Someone will be monitoring the repeater while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.