August 5, 2020, from 7:30-9:00 PM
Venue: Online Meeting There will be NO pre-meeting at Jakes this month.
Please join us by navigating to: meeting ( https://zoom.us/j/4086215853 ) You will be prompted to enter your name and the meeting password. In order to minimize the opportunity for zoom bombers or others to hijack our meeting, this page will be updated again with the password on the day of the meeting or we will provide it on our email distribution list.
You can also join by telephone using the following phone number:
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aPwFOCDKO
TOPIC: VHF/UHF weak signal equipment & operations
More info to follow
Our speaker will be Jim Eagleson (WB6JNN). More info to follow.
Everyone should have the following frequencies programmed into their VHF/UHF radios. A complete list of all county frequencies and local jurisdictions can be found at this link.
|Channel Name||Resource Name||R/S||Frequency||Offset||PL|
|Tactical Alt 2||Simplex||146.595|
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s of Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 p.m. Someone will be monitoring the repeater while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.