March 4, 2020, from 7:30-9:00 PM
Venue: Saratoga Fire Station (see Meetings below). Pre-meeting at Jake’s.
Topic: The unknowns in the early days of ham radio. In the early days of Amateur Radio and the ARRL, there were some people who played critical roles in both, but whose contributions have remained virtually unknown for decades. Mike’s presentation will reveal these people and how they shaped Amateur Radio as we know it today.
Presenter: Mike Flowers (K6MKF)
Mike is twice Past President of the Northern California DX Club (NCDXC) and currently serves as Club Secretary. He was an operator on the 3D2C 2012 Conway Reef DXpedition, was named NCDXC DXer of the Year in 2013 and NCDXC Member of the Year in 2017. Mike has been an Amateur since 1968 and he holds an Amateur Extra license.
Mike is retired after a 50-year career in software development and IT management.
Everyone should have the following frequencies programmed into their VHF/UHF radios. A complete list of all county frequencies and local jurisdictions can be found at this link.
|Channel Name||Resource Name||R/S||Frequency||Offset||PL|
|Tactical Alt 2||Simplex||146.595|
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s of Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 p.m. Someone will be monitoring the repeater while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.