August 3rd Monthly Meeting on Emergency Preparedness
Due to folks traveling during summer, we anticipate a low attendance for our August meeting. Nevertheless, in the spirit of staying prepared, Steve Steps will offer a Zoom presentation on what to do in an emergency. We will, however, continue to have our usual radio check-ins on Sunday evenings at 9PM and our Rag Chew on Thursday evenings at 9PM on our K6SA repeaters.
Speaker: Steve Steps
Date: Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022, at 7:30 PM via Zoom only, NOT In-Person.
NOTE: We will NOT be meeting at the fire station in August. The August meeting will be on Zoom ONLY. We will continue with meeting in-person at the fire station in September. FYI: per county restrictions being enforced at the fire station, every in-person attendee to the firehouse MUST be fully vaccinated, boosted, and MUST wear a mask when indoors until further notice.
ACTIVITY held on Saturday July 23rd:
The second (in 2022) SARA Foxhunt exercise was held on Saturday July 23rd at Kevin Moran Park; 12415 Scully Avenue in Saratoga beginning at 9AM, ending at 11AM. Steve and Morris once again hid three foxes (transmitters) amongst the trees and shrubbery. Our light turn-out of folks still made the morning enjoyable. This was a lot of fun, especially if you had a tape-measure Yagi antenna to help. Plenty of trial and error though. Three Cheers for John Glass for finding all three on his own. Well done indeed! Too bad many of you missed it.
Re-instatement of Annual Club Dues:
With inflation compounded with equipment replacement costs, Zoom, GoDaddy, and governmental fees rising, we have found it necessary to collect annual dues once again. This will be twenty ($20) dollars for an individual or thirty ($30) for a family membership. This can be paid either by mailing a check written out to SARA, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070 or via PayPal link: https://PayPal.me/saratogaamateurradio . Your membership will keep you as active on our email distribution list. As of July 26th, we have had over thirty (30) payments arrive. Thanks.
Next Zoom Meeting link details:
Topic: K6SA’s Zoom Meeting
Time: August 3rd, 2022, at 7:30 PM
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (San Jose) +13462487799,,4086215853#,,,,776520# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 408 621 5853
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kccgF6zVUZ
- Sundays – 2M Net at 9:00 pm on K6SA repeaters
- Tuesdays – SVECS 2M Net at 8:00 pm on AA6BT at 146.115 MHz + 100 Hz.
- Thursdays – Rag Chew/Question and Answer session on K6SA at 9:00 pm
Everyone should have the following frequencies programmed into their VHF/UHF radios. A complete list of all county frequencies and local jurisdictions can be found at this link.
|Channel Name||Resource Name||R/S||Frequency||Offset||PL|
|Tactical Alt 2||Simplex||146.595|
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM. As of June 8th, 2022, they are In-Person as well as available via Zoom.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s; a Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 PM. Someone will be monitoring the K6SA repeaters while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.