NOTE: Date and venue change! Dinner at Jake’s as usual. See “Meetings” below.
January 8, 2020, from 7:30-9:00 PM
Venue: Pisani Community Center Portable (to the left of the Community Center) 19655-Allendale Ave., Saratoga, 95070
Topic: Elecraft’s new K4 Direct Sampling SDR HF Transceiver – a presentation and show and tell, by Eric Swartz (WA6HHQ). Also, all things Elecraft!
Presenter: Eric is Elecraft’s Chief Operating Officer, a co-designer of Elecraft’s K3S and other transceivers, and co-founder of Elecraft in 1998 with Wayne Burdick (N6KR). Licensed 48 years, he credits his early interest in Amateur Radio with leading him to a career in electronic design and management.
Eric received a B.S. in Engineering and Applied Science from Yale University, and has been involved in a number of successful Silicon Valley startups.
Read All About Us
- Our brochure contains an overview of our club’s history, member interests, net, meetings, activities, and how you might become a member. If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form and mail it to: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 2034, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Facilitate scientific education and knowledge of radio engineering and communication skills by providing training, reference materials for self education and operating practice;
- Provide voluntary noncommercial communication, particularly providing emergency communication as a public service and without any remuneration; and
- Promote amateur radio by facilitating the exchange of information, improve individual operating efficiency and strengthen the welfare of amateur radio in the community.
- Meetings are normally on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Location is at the Saratoga Fire Station, located on 14380 Saratoga Avenue at the corner of Saratoga-Sunnyvale and Los Gatos-Saratoga Roads, in Saratoga. Map
- Prior to the meeting we have dinner at Jake’s of Saratoga Restaurant located at 12175 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (and Prospect Road). Map. We usually meet around 6:00 p.m. Someone will be monitoring the repeater while we are at dinner so check-in and say “Hi” if you are on your way.
- We strongly suggest you bring your 2M HT in case you have difficulty finding the meeting. If you have difficulty finding the meeting, please contact someone on the club repeater.